DRM in India
The DRM Consortium have created this webpage to bring together useful information about India and All India Radio’s (AIR) plans for the launch of DRM digital radio in the country. It should be of interest to the wider digital radio community and especially receiver manufacturers, distributors and retailers.
*NEW* Latest Update – DRM Digital Broadcasting in India
Prasar Bharati – All India Radio – will for one hour every day operate 25 MW transmitters in pure DRM. Click here for more details.
Click here for current AIR DRM (MW) Transmissions
Click here for current AIR DRM (SW) Transmissions
Click here for DRM Dual Channel Transmission schedule for All India Radio External Services via Bengaluru
DRM Coverage in India
- DRM India Timeline *NEW*
- DRM Digital Broadcasting in India – An Update
- Hyundai Adds More Models with DRM Receivers
- DRM Receivers in Cars in India Grows Fast
- All India Radio Press Release – AIR Demonstrates Full Capabilities of Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM)
- INDIA INAUGURATES THE NEXT STAGE OF THE WORLD’S BIGGEST DIGITAL RADIO ROLL-OUT
- BROADCAST SCHEDULE – PRASAR BHARATI – ALL INDIA RADIO PURE DRM DIGITAL BROADCASTS
- New DRM Receiver Demonstrated at IBC 2015
- DRM Press Releases on India
- Future proofing broadcasting in fragmented media world (presentation by Jawhar Sircar, Esq)
- Report of the Expert Committee on Prasar Bharati by Sam Pitroda – 24th January 2014 (Statements on DRM digital radio roll-out in India)
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) event in India focuses on manufacturing opportunities – click here to download seminar presentations
DRM Receiver Developments
Stand Alone Receivers
Communications Systems Inc. (www.avionelectronics.in) is the first radio manufacturer in India to domestically develop and produce a DRM receiver.
Gospell Digital Technology Co Ltd located in China (www.gospell.com) has presented a very well-reviewed DRM Receiver, GR‑216, which is already in production.
Titus SDR (www.titusradio.com), a Panamanian based company, has developed a multi-standard and software-based digital radio receiver, supporting DRM in all bands (LW, MW, SW, VHF bands I, II, III), FM analogue including RDS and AM analogue including AMSS.
Hyundai has built-in DRM radios in all its models except one. Their latest model with built-in DRM receiver just launched is called Creta and is one of the most popular and best-selling SUVs in India.
Maruti Suzuki has also incorporated DRM receivers in 6 models and all their models are expected to have built-in DRM receivers by the end of December 2018.
Mahindra has also installed DRM in its TUV model.
- DRM Consortium has completed the DRM Minimum Receiver Requirements (MRR) adding specifications for DRM+ or DRM for local coverage.
- DRM India made Receiver – Rich features of the AV-DVR-1401 DRM receiver (from the new Consortium member Communication Systems Inc.) www.avionelectronics.in
- DRM Receiver Produced in India
- Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM) Announces at IBC 2014 First DRM Receiver produced in India
- Pictures of Launch of DRM Prototype Receiver at IBC 2014
Read the DRM Monthly India Noticeboard dedicated to digital radio developments in India
- All India Radio DRM Installations
Click here to view map of current on air transmitters of All India Radio
- All India Radio’s (AIR) DRM Rollout Plan. AIR broadcasts in 23 languages and 146 dialects. AIR covers 92 % of the Indian territory, reaching 99% of its people AIR’s Migration to digital radio webpage where the Indian national broadcaster officially announces its commitment to rolling out DRM in the country
- You can have a look at AIR planned full DRM in India DRM coverage
- Nautel Webinar – Building to a Billion
Email your comments and feedback
Whilst we endeavour to maintain and monitor the information supplied on this page, DRM cannot be held responsible for the content of any external websites.