DRM in India
The DRM Consortium have created this webpage dedicated to India, bringing together useful information about the public broadcaster’s (All India Radio – AIR) impressive implementation of the DRM digital radio standard in the country, which represents probably the biggest digital radio roll-out project in the world.
Some 600 million people are covered at present by DRM digital signals due to AIR’s transmissions using 35 MW transmitters. More than 1 million new cars are on the Indian roads today, all equipped with DRM radios, which come at no extra cost to the owners.
In addition, the pages include information on receiver manufacturers both in India and abroad, producing or working on various receiver solutions for cars (line-fit and aftermarket), mobiles and standalone radios. It is therefore a useful tool for any radio enthusiast and also for the industry, the receiver manufacturers, distributors and retailers in India and around the world.
DRM Awareness Campaign for the Indian Automotive Industry
DRM Awareness Campaign for the Indian Automotive Industry Leaflet
India Automotive Industry Fastest Digital Radio Adoption
DRM Publishes Its Results Overview of 2021 Delhi/Jaipur DRM FM Trial
DRM in FM-Band Live On-Air in Delhi for Comprehensive Trial by All India Radio (AIR)
DRM Digital Radio of AIR – Prasar Bharati
Cricket Commentary in Pure DRM Transmissions in India
AIR Fully Committed to DRM – Requests Full Support of Automotive Industry for Nationwide Rollout
All India Radio to Expand DRM Digital Radio Services
AIR DRM Stations on MW (Frequencies) – Live Streaming of Most Stations
DRM Awareness Campaign on the road
Commentary: India: Use DRM in FM Band
NXP, DRM First Infotainment Forum in Delhi
DRM Publicised in India Ahead of Popular Cricket Matches
All India Radio, to Provide Coverage of Domestic and International Cricket Matches on DRM
All India Radio in the Digital Age
DRM Receivers at BES Expo 2019
DRM Enterprise Award (South East Asia) Winners Announced
DRM Digital Broadcasting in India
DRM India Chapter Noticeboard
Read the DRM Monthly India Noticeboard dedicated to digital radio developments in India
Prasar Bharati – All India Radio – will for one hour every day operate 25 MW transmitters in pure DRM. Click here for more details.
Click here for current AIR DRM (MW) Transmissions
Click here for current AIR DRM (SW) Transmissions
Click here for DRM Dual Channel Transmission schedule for All India Radio External Services via Bengaluru
DRM Coverage in India
AIR International DRM Broadcast Schedules
DRM International Broadcasts received In India
DRM Sound on the Road in India
India News Library
- A digital car awareness initiative launched by DRM Indian enthusiast
- DRM Digital Broadcasting in India – An Update
- Hyundai Adds More Models with DRM Receivers
- DRM Receivers in Cars in India Grows Fast
- All India Radio Press Release – AIR Demonstrates Full Capabilities of Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM)
- INDIA INAUGURATES THE NEXT STAGE OF THE WORLD’S BIGGEST DIGITAL RADIO ROLL-OUT
- BROADCAST SCHEDULE – PRASAR BHARATI – ALL INDIA RADIO PURE DRM DIGITAL BROADCASTS
- New DRM Receiver Demonstrated at IBC 2015
- DRM Press Releases on India
- Report of the Expert Committee on Prasar Bharati by Sam Pitroda – 24th January 2014 (Statements on DRM digital radio roll-out in India)
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) event in India focuses on manufacturing opportunities – click here to download seminar presentations
Youtube: DRM India Playlist
DRM Receiver Developments
Stand Alone Receivers
For more details visit the DRM Products page
Communications Systems Inc. (www.avionelectronics.in) is the first radio manufacturer in India to domestically develop and produce a DRM receiver.
Gospell Digital Technology Co Ltd located in China (www.gospell.com) has presented a very well-reviewed DRM Receiver, GR‑216, which is already in production.
Titus SDR (www.titusradio.com), a Panamanian based company, has developed a multi-standard and software-based digital radio receiver, supporting DRM in all bands (LW, MW, SW, VHF bands I, II, III), FM analogue including RDS and AM analogue including AMSS.
Starwaves – DRM All Bands – contact
Hyundai has built-in DRM radios in all its models except one. Their latest model with built-in DRM receiver just launched is called the Santro.
Maruti Suzuki has also incorporated DRM receivers in 6 models and all their models are expected to have built-in DRM receivers by the end of December 2018.
Mahindra has also installed DRM in its TUV model.
- DRM Consortium has completed the DRM Minimum Receiver Requirements (MRR) adding specifications for DRM+ or DRM for local coverage.
- DRM India made Receiver – Rich features of the AV-DVR-1401 DRM receiver (from the new Consortium member Communication Systems Inc.) www.avionelectronics.in
- DRM Receiver Produced in India
- Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM) Announces at IBC 2014 First DRM Receiver produced in India
- Pictures of Launch of DRM Prototype Receiver at IBC 2014
Indian Automotive Car Industry – Fastest Digital Radio Adoption
The Indian automotive market has achieved the fastest digital radio adoption, with 28% of new cars on the road currently being equipped with a DRM digital radio receiver. Read more.
- All India Radio DRM Installations
Click here to view map of current on air transmitters of All India Radio
- All India Radio’s (AIR) DRM Rollout Plan. AIR broadcasts in 23 languages and 146 dialects. AIR covers 92 % of the Indian territory, reaching 99% of its people AIR’s Migration to digital radio webpage where the Indian national broadcaster officially announces its commitment to rolling out DRM in the country
- Nautel Webinar – Building to a Billion
Email your comments and feedback
Whilst we endeavour to maintain and monitor the information supplied on this page, DRM cannot be held responsible for the content of any external websites.